Press Operator Job Duties Include:
- Sets up and operates flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock for use in making products, such as plastic, paper, or waxed paper bags, and paper drinking cups
- Reads job order and mounts specified rubber plate and printing dies on cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
- Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
- Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
- Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
- May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
- May operate press equipped with laminator attachment to print and laminate polyethylene or cellophane sheeting.
Nev’s Ink Benefits Include
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Paid vacation
- Short-term disability
- Sick leave
- Tuition Aid
- Numerous events
- Long-term disability
- Employee discounts
“The growth potential is much bigger than just inside of the company. Nev’s Ink continues to help me grow as a person even outside of work.”
— Troy Carr, Production